I love me some Tacos.
Once the veggies are chopped, it’s a quick and easy meal.
I make many versions of these tacos based on what I have in my kitchen at the time, but these are my fav.
Feel free to add whatever you want, like baby corn, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
A tip on spices: Buy them in bulk, they are cheaper and fresher. I purchased small jars to keep them in for $1 at Bed Bath and Beyond. Now we’re talkin!
You can buy bulk spices at your local health food store, farmer’s market, or online.
Ok, without further ado, let’s get into it!
Thatta Gurl Chipotle, Quinoa, and Black Bean Tacos
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground dried chipotle chile
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (1 cup quinoa to 3 cups water or vegetable broth, bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes)
- 8 corn tortillas (6 in. diameter) **Make sure it’s organic non-GMO corn
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Lime wedges
- Salsa of choice
- Thatta Gurl Sour Cream
- **For a low calorie version, use 8 leaves of bibb or iceberg lettuce instead of corn tortillas
What to do:
- In frying pan, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is softened, 8-10 minutes. Stir in ground chile and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Drain beans, keep the liquid in a separate bowl. Add beans to pan with about 1/2 cup liquid. Stir and mash until beans form a slightly chunky puree and are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- In frying pan, add a dollup of coconut oil for every tortilla, fry 1-2 minutes each side or until tortillas are at desired toastiness!
- To assemble tostadas, top each shell with 1/2 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup quinoa, a few radishes, and avocado slices. Serve with lime wedges, salsa, and Thatta Gurl Sour Cream.
Enjoy these tacos with Lisa Locicero’s Kale Salad and you’ve got yourself a healthy and delicious meal.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Pop on over to our Facebook Page and say hi! We’re lovin’ life over there.