Before you reach for your morning bagel or donut… HOLD UP!!
Before you decide to skip your breakfast and suck down that coffee…WAIT A SEC!!
I never thought of gruel being gorgeous, but this recipe is so good, your body will say:
“Hey Gorgeous! Get in my belly!”
I eat this almost EVERY morning, and I add different stuff depending on my mood and what’s in my fridge, but this is my go-to gruel.
It’s filling, yummy, and so healthy. Start your day right baby!
Breaking-the-Fast is a big deal.
We all know how important breakfast is.
What goes in your belly after your beauty sleep is important!
There are many healthy things you can eat that are quick and easy, and this one is mine.
FYI: I was never an oatmeal person, so if you aren’t a big fan, try this out and your might change!
- 1 1/2 cups of Steel Cut Oats (Rolled Oats will also work)
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 avocado cut into smallish pieces
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup kale or spinach torn into little pieces
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (click here for a cool article about NY)
- Your favorite hot sauce. I love Cholula.
- 1-2 spoonfuls of our Thatta Gurl Aioli – optional
- 2 slices vegan cheese (My favorite is Daiya – Click here!)
- 2 bowls
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce to simmer and add oats.
- For steel oats, set the timer for 15-20 minutes.
- For rolled oats, set the timer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir stir stir! The first time I made this, I didn’t stir throughout and it stuck to the pot.
- When the oatmeal looks like it’s absorbed all the water and deliciously gruel-ish, you’re good to go!
- Don’t pull it too soon, there’s nothing worse than watery oats.
- Divide the oatmeal into bowls
- Divide avocado equally into bowls
- Divide greens equally into bowls
- In each bowl: Add 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp cinnamon
- In each bowl: Add 1 spoonful of Thatta Gurl aioli
- In each bowl: Add one slice of cheese, torn into little pieces.
- Drizzle with hot sauce.
Mix it all together.
Heaven in a bowl. Enjoy!
If you like it, or have a killer gruel recipe, leave a comment in the box below. I’d love to hear from you!
Come on ovah to our Facebook page and say HEY!!